Mainframe Network Communications Assessment 2.4
A good general knowledge of the z/OS Communications Server, VTAM concepts, and common network terminology.
The following courses have been used as reference for this assessment:
- Comms - IBM Mainframe Communications Concepts 2.4
- Comms - VTAM Commands 2.4
- Comms - Mainframe TCP/IP Commands 2.4
This assessment is designed for data center staff responsible for the operation and monitoring of the z/OS SNA and TCP/IP networks, or IT specialists that are required to have an understanding of the same.
This assessment covers the following topics:
- Z/OS Communications Server functionality
- SNA and APPN concepts
- VTAM functionality and terminology
- VTAM Start-up and Shutdown
- Format and syntax of VTAM commands
- Interpretation of VTAM displays and messages
- Entering of VTAM commands to display, activate and deactivate VTAM resources
- Standard TCP/IP commands invoked from the mainframe
- Commands used to start and stop TCP/IP and its related processes
The types of questions in this assessment are mainly simulation, multiple choice, drag and drop, and true or false. The questions displayed are different for every examinee because a number of core questions are always selected along with a number that are taken from a pool. All questions are then randomized to produce your customized assessment. No internal or external manuals or references can be used during this assessment.
Pass MarkThe pass mark for this assessment is 70%.
Contact our Learning Consultants or call us at +44 (0) 1625 441120